In early May Cullin, Siler and I needed to get outside. The weather was looking good, the fish were starting to bite and it seemed like it was time for a little camping trip. Fortunately for us there are thousands and thousands of acres of National Forest to the west of Lyons and many campgrounds to choose from.
The closest, Camp Dick, is less than 20 miles up the road and is where we decided to go. I called a friend in Lyons, Justin, to see if he and his son, Max, would be interested. They were, so plans were made and we hit the road bright and early the next morning.
This was the first time that I had taken Cullin (and Siler) camping without Allison. I wasn't sure what to expect but knew that it would be an adventure. LIttle did I know how challenging it would be to try to set up a tent, get sleeping bags out, stoves set up, dinner cooked all while trying to wrangle a kid and a dog. When my friend Justin showed up with Max, it was quite a relief. At least there were two of us to watch the kids. It was still man on man but much, much easier.
A creek, trails, fishing, campfire, smores, stars a picnic on the way home in Rocky Mountain National Park...what more could a kid ask for? Despite a few bumps in the road, we had a great couple of days in the woods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment